If I’m free, it’s because I’m always running.
Cinespia at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery Presents Movies ’til Dawn Featuring MONTEREY POP & JIMI HENDRIX
Ratings: Unrated & R | Runtimes: 78 & 98 Minutes | Years: 1968 & 1973 | Trailers: Monterey / Jimi
Saturday, August 13th, 2011 | Gates: 7:30 PM / Films: 9:00 PM – 6:00 AM
First up is MONTEREY POP, the seminal concert film, with performances by Jimi Hendrix, The Who, Janis Joplin, Simon + Garfunkel and many more. Immediately following, we will show JIMI HENDRIX — a documentary with blistering footage of Jimi live and interviews with the people who knew the legend best. We will have a Q&A with Eddie Kramer (Jimi’s longtime engineer/producer) and Gary Weiss the director of the documentary, all moderated by musician Harper Simon.
After the documentaries we will embark on a voyage through some of our favorite psychedelia: concert performances, trippy shorts and stunning visuals, with Cinespia DJs spinning sets throughout the night. Bring a sleeping bag, food and drinks, make a nest and settle in for some of the best movies and visuals of the late 60’s and early 70’s. Come early or late, stay all night if you’d like!
- Please no tents, pets or BBQs.
- Carpool, ride motorcycles, ride bikes, walk or take a taxi, if possible.
- Pick up your trash and when you leave be quiet and respectful when returning to your vehicles.
- Bring blankets, drinks and picnic dinner below the stars!
- Free pour-over coffees courtesy of Intelligentsia!
- As a courtesy to other moviegoers: NO TALL CHAIRS!
Cinespia at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery
6000 Santa Monica Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90038
Parking Tips: $10.00 Parking on the Premises, Street Parking, Nearby Parking Lots
Tickets Available at Gate
General Admission: $10.00